The following is a quick guide to the legislation surrounding IUU and the Catch Certification Scheme. The full Regulation can be downloaded by clicking on the links supplied:
1005/2008 - Council Regulation or "IUU Regulation"
The main piece of EU legislation introducing the catch certification scheme and how it will be implemented
- Including Annex I listing all products exempt from the catch certification scheme, as amended by Annex I of 202/2011.
1010/2009 - Commission Regulation or "Implementation Regulation"
- The Regulation which implements the catch certification scheme and all its requirements into European Law.
86/2010 - Amending Regulation
- Provides details of 3rd Countries Catch Certificates approved by the EU under bi-lateral agreement for the following countries:
- Canada (Group Based and Standard Catch Certificates)
- Faroe Islands
SI 554/2010 - Sea-Fisheries (Illegal, Unreported & Unregulated Fishing) Regulations 2010
- Enacting the IUU Regulations as above into Irish law.
202/2011 - Commission Regulation
- Amending Annex I of 1005/2008 extending the list of fish and fishery products exempt from the Catch Certification Scheme.
EU 2178 - 2017
- Amending Commission Regulation 468/2010 establishing the EU list of vessels engaged in Illegal, Unreported and Unregulated fishing.
IUU Legislation Technical Note
- Tecnical explanation for Industry, covering the requirements of EC Regulation 1005/2008